Oh no - not more camera problems

After spending a fortune on a Nikon Coolpix and dropping it down the loo, then buying another after the insurance company replaced it (with about £70 worth of deductions) and dropping it on the towpath and then sending one off for repair and it coming back bust and returning it again, only it got smashed in the post and the post office refused to pay up as Nikon hadn't kept the return packaging (well, they wouldn't would they) and then I'd spent a lot of money and still didn't have a camera. Phew...deep breath. So I spent a small amount of money on a shock-proof, water-proof camera of far inferior quality with the view that it wouldn't be too delicate for the job. It was in my pocket when the rain made it damp due to a leaky waterproof jacket, but why should I worry - it's an underwater camera.
Imagine my horror when I took these photos today - no it's not low cloud or pouring rain (for once); it's fug on the lens
 ignoring that for the moment, our footpath lay this side of the fence
 basically along the newly formed stream (you've had one day free from water pictures)
 and the pub obviously realises we'll be here for a while and organised a delivery of our favourite Woodfords Wherry
but what's happened to the camera? I really couldn't handle starting another warranty battle.

All is well I think; in the aforementioned damp pocket is a nasty (long) forgotten sweetie bought home for my dearly beloved - I think sticky sweetie might be what's on the lens - relief!